1890 - Originally owned and operated by the Jordan
family, the mill was bought and moved to Nolensville in 1890 by a group of
stock holders. Dr. David Rice Gooch, among the original stockholders,
later purchased half of the stock in the mill company (a 50 barrel flour mill
with a 48-inch grinding stone).
1916, S. C. Battle purchased the remaining stock to become partners with Dr.
Gooch. In 1920, Owen Allen Gooch, son of Dr. David Rice Gooch, bought S.
C. Battle's share to become half owner. On October 2, 1932, Owen Allen
Gooch bought the remaining shared from his father to become sole proprietor.
original mill burned in 1933 and was rebuilt with the intentions of producing
flour, but with the demand for flour decreasing, the mill was primarily used for
manufacturing feed but closed in 2006 due to the change in landscape throughout Williamson County.
The Feed Mill as we know it today happened on a whim. The Mill was renovated and loaded with antiques. However, by 2008, all the Antique stores in the historic district in Nolensville packed up and left. Economy had taken a toll. People were scared to spend money. So we got an idea, lets put some Amish Jams and Pickles in and see what happens. We'll the jams and pickles sold so fast that a light bulb went off. Hey, people still need to eat, people want healthy and tasty foods so we started ordering more candy and snacks. We also made a Chicken Salad that to this day is one of the main reasons we exist. Our Cranberry Chicken Salad is on of our most popular sandwiches in our deli. Well, right next to our Buggy Wheel Sammich. Over the years, we continued to add more items. 3 years later, we have a full blown Deli. We make sandwiches and slice deli meats by the pound. We have tons of meats and cheeses. Full Bakery Line, Dinners on Saturday night and breakfast on Saturday Mornings. The mill has Candy's, snacks, FriedPies, Whoopie Pies, Sticky buns, Cinnamon Raisin breads, Banana Bread, Pumpkin Bread, Date and Raisin Bread, Orange Juice Cakes, Blueberry Muffins and much more.
One of the main reasons people love the mill is that the mill is over 128 years old and is fun to be in. Our staff makes you feel at home. We sample tons of foods daily. try before you buy motto.
Come visit us soon!
Allen Gooch retired in 1959 and sold the business to
his son David Allen Gooch.
Other owners over the years include Mark Stinson and currently Darin Scheff